photo HunterBelessBlog_nav_contact_zps2e50e33a.png photo HunterBelessBlog_soc_fb_zpsaf47f25d.png photo HunterBelessBlog_soc_pinterest_zps5d04c900.png photo HunterBelessBlog_soc_instagram_zpsebd3486e.png photo HunterBelessBlog_soc_twitter_zpsf05fe971.png

Monday, May 13, 2013

A Man Among Boys

Drake, my younger brother, was given the honor of speaking at his class' Baccalaureate service a few days ago. I am a proud big sis. He did a really great job. I won't post his talk without permission, but in the spirit of graduation I do want to post a commencement speech by one of my favorite authors that I found deeply encouraging. In his message to the graduates of Palm Beach Atlantic, Eric Metaxas thoughtfully answers a few questions I have received from some of you who read my little blog, like:

What is the meaning of life?
How do I figure out why I am here & where I am going?

[note: find it here if you're reading on an iPad or iPhone]

I believe watching this is worth 20 minutes of your time if you've allowed yourself to wrestle with any of the above questions. And to my brother:


Drake, you are a man among boys. I don't know any 19-year-olds like you. You see what needs to be done, & you do it. You are a prophet & a proclaimer of Truth. 

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.” Then I said, “Ah, Lord God! Behold, I do not know how to speak, for I am only a youth. But the Lord said to me, “Do not say, ‘I am only a youth’, for to all to whom I send you, you shall go, and whatever I command you, you shall speak." [Jeremiah 1:5-7]

I am proud of you for living out who you are & I'm excited to see how you continue to do that in the years to come! Congratulations on your graduation! 

No comments:

Post a Comment