photo HunterBelessBlog_nav_contact_zps2e50e33a.png photo HunterBelessBlog_soc_fb_zpsaf47f25d.png photo HunterBelessBlog_soc_pinterest_zps5d04c900.png photo HunterBelessBlog_soc_instagram_zpsebd3486e.png photo HunterBelessBlog_soc_twitter_zpsf05fe971.png

Monday, November 19, 2012

Chicken, Sweet Potato & Kale Stew

This Chicken, Sweet Potato & Kale Stew is one of the first recipes I made for my husband when we were dating + engaged. Over the years it's become a staple, especially for those chilly, wintery days. I don't have any pretty pictures to convince you of it's deliciousness, but I assure you, it's a recipe you'll want to add to your repertoire, especially if you're a sweet potato aficionado like us! 



Ingredients:

2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1 inch pieces
4 Tbsp almond flour
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
3 tsp Dried Thyme
1 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 Small Sweet Onion, chopped
1 Red or Yellow Bell Pepper, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
2 Cups Sweet Potato, peeled & coarsely chopped
1 1/2 Cups chicken broth 
3 Cups Kale, coarsely chopped

Makes: 4 (1 1/4 cup) servings


Directions:

1) Toss chicken, flour, thyme, salt & cayenne pepper in a medium bowl until chicken is coated.

2) Heat large saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add oil, heat until hot. Add chicken mixture, cook and stir 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink on outside.


3) Add onion, bell pepper, sweet potato and broth; bring to a boil, stirring to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for 5 minutes. 


4) Stir in Kale, cook, uncovered, 8 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center and the veggies are tender, stirring occasionally. 


5) Invite us over to share a bowl!




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this wonderful recipe! I wonder how many calories per serving? I love lean meat so this chicken sweet potato kale stew is the best recipe to try. Ever since I went on a 3 Day Military diet, I learned about portion control, calorie counting and exercising. I love how I shed 7 pounds because of the diet and I want to sustain my weight loss by eating right. For more information on the military diet, hop on to this link http://3daysmilitarydiet.com/effect/what-is-the-military-diet.html

    ReplyDelete